Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC CRASHES 2 DESKTOP

• Please log in to reply

--ESCOBAR--

--ESCOBAR--

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
<_< While playing games, my computer crashes to my desktop and sometimes restarts my whole computer. Sometimes i even crash while just being on the internet. I have erased my computer totally a few times(includind windows). Once installed agian(with 1 game only), everything works fine. When more games are installed, I can't play anymore. They all crash on me and i still have A LOT of space on hard drive. I well over, meet the reguirements of the games. My hard drive went through 3 of my computers so its a little old. Can someone answer me if the hard drive is the problem or what the problem is??? Will an old hard drive cause these kinds of problems???....."ahhhhhh.... computers piss me off!!!!! :D

Edited by --ESCOBAR--, 11 June 2004 - 12:15 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The old hard drive is not likely responsible for your crashes. More likely you have same bad RAM, or a bad video card.

You can check your RAM using this free program: http://www.memtest86.com

Video cards are much harder to diagnose, but from the description of your problem, it seems most likely. Do you have another card to test?

--ESCOBAR--

--ESCOBAR--

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
<_< Now, when playing games an erre come up--- VPU Recover has reset your grafics accelerator as it was no longer responding to grafic drivers command. I have the latest driver for the grafics card. Is my card bad?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
First, try using the Driver Cleaner to remove all traces of video drivers from your system. Next, download and install the latest driver for your card.

Driver Cleaner: http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

If that doesn't work, I'd suspect a bad card.

--ESCOBAR--

--ESCOBAR--

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for trying to help ,,,,i dont think it was the card, i tried it on other computers(BAD MOBO.),,,Well,,,, i decided to get rid of everything in my computer and start from scratch(i ordering an AMD 64) , but 4 now i have an amd athlon 1.1, DFI ak-75 mobo. same grafics card (ati radeon 9600 se,,,,,HOW do i get AGP x4, x8 to work?, can it work with my older system? I already tried a lot of stuff!!!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Does AGP 4X work?

--ESCOBAR--

--ESCOBAR--

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
No, AGP x4 isn't working, niether is fast write

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'd suggest you look to see if a BIOS update is available for this mobo.