Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sandboxie - harddrive activity

• Please log in to reply

Teri Greene

Teri Greene

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi.

Thanks for such a good site, thanks for serving the community. Y'all deserve medals and stuff.

Can you help with this? I have a Dell, Pentium 4, 512MB RAM, Windows 2000 SP4.

I'm less than a up-to-date total geek, but far more'n a newbie (my first computer job was programming a IBM 360/20 punch-card system in '70).

My security, other than OS configuration, is:
Firefox browser, running in Sandboxie;
Comodo Firewall, SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, a2, WinPatrol, Script Defender, AVG Antivirus, AVG Anti-Rootkit, Spybot, Stinger, CWShredder, Prevx CSI.

The latest addition was Sandboxie. What started that day was this: When I run Firefox in Sandboxie, after half a hour to a hour and a half, the hard disk starts grinding away. Not horribly, just enough to hear, and doesn't ever stop. And it continues nonstop as long as Sandboxie is running. I exit the sandboxed Firefox, then use Process Explorer to terminate the Sandboxie service, and then the hard disk shuts up. But as long as Sandboxie is up and running, hard disk busy doing something.
Huh.

This only started when I got Sandboxie. I'd previously spent a year on this computer running Firefox unsandboxed with nothing unusual happening. And if I run Firefox unsandboxed today, there's no unusual harddisk activity.
So I think it's probly not malware, 'cause: Firefox unsandboxed, nothing unusual; Firefox Sandboxied, then there's stuff.

Anybody know anything about Sandboxie causing unrelenting harddisk activity?

Thank you for your support.

tg

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If you don't find anyone with an answer to your question, I hate to run you off to another forum, but this one is strictly for Sandboxie:

Sandboxie Forum

Don't know what the latest release, but be sure you have it.

Ron

Teri Greene

Teri Greene

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'd already checked the sandboxie forum and didn't find anything; but you're right, I should check again.

I'm using 3.01. I uninstalled it and installed 3.21.00 but there were problems so I went back to 3.01.

tg