Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Notebook application

• Please log in to reply

mrq201

mrq201

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
It might be hard to explain but im a college student and i love my laptop.... what i am looking for is an applicaiton that acts like a notebook so i can take my notes on. I use MS word 07 right now and it serves its purpose but i rather use something else

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
so what are you wanting exactly? Or better yet, why doesn't word meet your needs?

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
Basically, something with lines and kind of like 3D where you can turn the pages. Basically a notebook on the laptop. Its kind of hard to explain but i hope i am doing my best.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
nothing beats the real thing. I looked around and didn't really find anything out there.

When it comes to the classroom, I prefer to hand write it. Transcribe it later into word if needed. There is something about the mental/mechanical process of hand writing that embeds it into your brain. Typing just isn't the same.

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
yeah i get you and understand where you are coming from.... like when i study, i love to rewrite stuff, but these days i find myself paying more attention in class when i am typing it... i am forced to really listen to make sure i type down the correct thign and i so love to be on my laptop these days.. its easy to flip open mylaptop and go into word and just skim through what i read... also i have a pda and i can store my word documents onto my pda.... it makes the train ride much more useful..
thanks anyway.