Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

changing Optical Drive ID

• Please log in to reply

fanton

fanton

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi there,

I am using a software program for Music File Management called Phatnoise Media Manager. It is specific to my hardware, The Phatbox. I would like to use this software for all of my Media file needs, such as CD burning, rather than using another program for burning. However, it does not detect my CD burner. This is a list of the Burners that are supported: GoldenHawk

I have HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW 4082N
Mine isn't in the list, but there are several that are very similar, with the same capabilities:
HL-DT-ST DVD-RW 4040N etc...

Would I be able to change the drive that this program sees... or would I be able to change the ID of the drive on my system so this program recognizes it?

I didn't find any reference to this list of drives when searching the Program files for this software with Resource Hacker, a binary file editor.

I did find a few listings for my drive ID in the Registry:
Hkey Local Machine>
Hardware>
Device Map>
Scsi>
scsi port 1>
scsi bus 0>
Target Id 0>
Logical Unit Id...

So, do I just need to edit this file, and change the drive id, or do I need to flash firmware or something else...?

Thanks, I know it is not your typical 'how do I download pictures' question...

Advertisements