Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mouse tap and left button ability gone

• Please log in to reply

kassy

kassy

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
It started 20 hours ago. At first, I just had to tap a few times before something would click on my laptop, now my clicking function (by tapping or by using the left button) is completely gone on my laptop's mouse-finger thingy. I can't scroll either, but I can still position the mouse with it.
Using a USB connected mouse has no such issues.

What happened to my laptop?
Please help?

Thanks in advance.

(On a side note, i don't know if it's related or not, but my touch lamp..(those lights where you touch them and they turn on or off... I managed to build up a charge, touched it, and static happened. The light no longer turns on and off either with the button. I just plug in the socket and its on, pull out and its off.)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Touchpad has probably gone faulty. Probably not worth having it repaired since you can replace its functionality with a USB mouse.
Static electricity may have had something to do with it.