Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trojan.Vundo/variantInstaller/A; Trojan.Downloader, iifdb.exe and wind

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sylvia_rdh

sylvia_rdh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok great...thank you so much for your help! i will take your advice on how to avoid future problems with viruses, etc. As for the windows installer pop-up...here is what happens:
First i get the pop up that says Windows installer..preparing to install. if i dont cancel right away it continues and says please wait while windows confiqures Microsoft Office Xp Professional. Then it says the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-Rom or other removable disc that is not available. Insert the Microsoft Office XP Professional with Front Page' disc and click ok. also has use feature from...and a pull down of options. If i click cancel this message appears: Error 1706. Setup cannot find required files, check your network connection, or CD-Rom drive. For other potential solutions to this problem see C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftOffice\Office10\1033\SETUP.HLP

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Download the MSI clean up utility from here http://download.micr...1bd/msicuu2.exe

Install the programme then run

In the first thumbnail is the programme as first run

Posted Image

Then select the programme that is annoying you (Microsoft Office Xp Professional) and click remove
Posted Image

Let me know how that goes

sylvia_rdh

sylvia_rdh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
hey so i tried what you said and it worked but then i wasnt able to use any microsoft office programs like microsoft word, etc. so i used a restore point to get those programs working again. any other suggestions?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Is it still popping up then .. Do you have the installation disc with front page on it ?

sylvia_rdh

sylvia_rdh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
hey...actually it hasnt been popping up much lately only when i first restarted after trying what u told me and once today when i opened microsoft word...i dont have the disc unfortunatly but it isnt as annoying anymore so im not too worried about it. Thanks so much for taking all that time to help me fix up my cpu i really appreciate it!!! :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.