Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Flash desinfector exe.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Hi Guy's!
Yesterday while browsing thru the malware posts,i've came across a recomended "flash drive desinfector tool!Since i have a few floating around the office and everybody uses them,i thought to myself;Good idea to have a tool like this.After i downloaded it from the recomended site,my Panda A/V warned me about the software and urged me to delete it,as it contains a tracking program!

The software was downloaded from"www.tech Support foroum.com/sec tools/sUbs",the name of the software:Flash Desinfector exe.
Message from Panda A/V:Tracking program "application/Nir.Cmd.A

I didnt know wether it's safe or not,so i followed Pandas advice and deleted it.Maybe someone knows the program and can tell me if it is safe do download!

Cheers
zorba

Btw:My PC is clean

Advertisements

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Its not a virus, its a command line utility. The maker of the tool is sUBs. One of his tools has helped clear thousands of computers and uses the same utility. They flag it because of their use of heuristics as do a couple others.

Im going to close this as to not get discussion going on in this forum :)