Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Question

• Please log in to reply

RavenZero

RavenZero

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Stop 0x0000001E or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The Stop 0x1E message indicates that the Windows XP kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. The problems that cause Stop 0x1E messages share similarities with those that generate Stop 0xA errors in that they can be due to invalid memory and access violations. This default Windows XP error handler typically intercepts these problems if error-handling routines are not present in the code itself.

Possible Resolutions:

• If the Stop message mentions the file Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party "remote control" program. If such software is installed, you might be able to disable it by starting the system in safe mode. If not, use Recovery Console to manually delete the system service file that is causing the problem.

My gf is getting one about the Win32k.sys, She doesn't really do much but play Maplestory, use msn messenger and check emails. Any programs I can tell her to use to scan and fix this problem? I'm thinking of spybot, spyware blaster and my usual installs. Is there anything specific I can/should check for to fix this error?

The Error says that Win32k.sys is being marked Pageable, I believe. I'll try to get her to take a pic of it or something if I can.

She only seems to get this when trying to Play MapleStory, I think, she usually restarts her laptop like 10 times and then it lets her play. She's Reinstalled xp 3 times now, reinstalled the game, I fixed one error related to it but I haven't figured this out yet.

Edited by RavenZero, 31 January 2008 - 06:44 PM.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
I am sorry, but we can not help you with a malware problem in this forum.
Please go here to get started on your problem.

RavenZero

RavenZero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm not so sure it's a malware problem, but ok.

I think I may have solved it before your reply. I'll try some things before reposting.

I only posted this because I was being lazy and thinking maybe I'd get an answer before I found the answer to my problem, I should have known better than to ask "Geekstogo" about anything technical.

I'll be sure to direct anyone I know that is having trouble locating their Desktop here.

Edited by RavenZero, 02 February 2008 - 03:51 AM.