Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Uncached Speed, Log inside

• Please log in to reply

TutMatt3

TutMatt3

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
http://www.pcpitstop...KSJSWABM1VSPZYG

Im mainly concerned about my C drive uncached speed, since computer has been reallly slow

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
It gave you some decent tips. I would start with this:

Make sure DMA is enabled on all disk drives. Not using DMA mode can cause a significant reduction in disk speed. For more information on how to enable DMA, see these Microsoft documents (links open in a new window): Windows XP, Windows 95/98/Me, Windows 2000, or Windows NT. If DMA will not enable for the drive, it may be due to a corrupted driver file or configuration data. To fix this problem, go to Device Manager, remove the disk controller, and reboot. Windows will re-detect the disk controller and reset the configuration data.

DMA on ATA drives will only work if you are using an 80-conductor cable; you may need to open up the case to visually inspect the cable. If DMA becomes disabled repeatedly over time, it may indicate low-quality cables that need to be replaced. Microsoft mentions repeated DMA errors as one reason why DMA will be disabled, and low-quality cables can be the cause. DMA may also be disabled if you attempt to rip or play a copy-protected audio CD.

TutMatt3

TutMatt3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
this has alrdy been done :)

TutMatt3

TutMatt3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
My main concern is :
Description Drive C Drive D Drive O
Partition format NTFS FAT32 FAT32
Cluster size 4 KB 4 KB 32 KB
Drive label LOCAL DISC RECOVERY MATT
Size 109474 MB 4986 MB 715227 MB
Free space 75978 MB (69%) 4813 MB (97%) 573048 MB (80%)
Junk files 12 MB (0%) 0 MB (0%) 0 MB (0%)
System Restore Space 1493 MB (1%) 159 MB (3%) 85827 MB (12%)
Data fragmentation 5% Not tested Not tested
File fragmentation 0% Not tested Not tested
Uncached speed 23 MB/s (75%) 15 MB/s (49%) 23 MB/s (75%)