Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

adaware uninstall problems

• Please log in to reply

zeaf

zeaf

• Pip
  • 5 posts
with lavasoft not updating their adaware se line and giving 2007 away for free. i tried to uninstall SE but i get this message saying can not find install log file. anyone know how to fix this. i downloaded the se installation exe and ran to to do a reinstall to get lost information back but that only creates a second adaware and still get the missing install log for the first one. did the repair. modify and remove that the install gave.

anyone know what to do?

Advertisements

vorybory

vorybory

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi, Zeaf :)

I looked on the Internet for a fix but to my discovery nothing was found. If you don't get any help here I would try visiting Lavasoft's online forums

zeaf

zeaf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
lavasoft did have some faq stuff about the install log missing things, but after doing all that, its still there. so im not sure what to do. this is getting dumb. thanks for the reply vory

vorybory

vorybory

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
With pleasure!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Some of these suggestions may help, even though they are for Ad-Aware 2007 and you don't mention 1720/1722 errors:

How do I resolve the "Error 1722" problem?

If not, download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from HERE. In the list of programs detected by the WICU, locate any reference to Ad-Aware and select it, then click on "Remove".

Then navigate to the following folders and delete anything left behind (these are the default paths - if you changed the installation path when you installed Ad-Aware, then use that path):

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft

Lastly, install RegSeeker and use it's Find in registry function to locate all occurrences of lavasoft and delete them. Make sure you have the Backup before deletion box checked so if anything goes wrong it's easy to recover.

As an example, I have Ad-Aware 2007 installed and there are 78 lavasoft entries in my registry acording to RegSeeker.

Above taken (mostly) from a post by spike-nz here: Lavasoft Support Forums - How to manually uninstall Ad-Aware