Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Applying Thermal Compound

• Please log in to reply

jhemfl

jhemfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
No actually, I'm seeing a big difference in all of them

TAT = 28C idle

Speedfan = Core 1 = 19C
Core 2 = 20C
CPU = 38C

Coretemp = anywhere from 32C-45C (Jumps around randomly)

PC Wizard = 33C

And my BIOS system monitor temp is s stable 43C

All of these programs are able to recognize my exact processor too.

Edited by jhemfl, 03 February 2008 - 08:52 AM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

ALL of the software that reads your temps get the data from the same sensors...if there are any differences in what they say the temps are its because they are getting their readings at different times and refresh rates...
as a test launch speedfan and everest...keep a eye on them and you should only see a degree or so between them if any at all...

Actually, a lot of the software is known to produce errors, which is why I recommend running more then one application to verify your temperatures. Same works for voltages, but with voltages I wouldn't consider any software accurate at all.
James

Edited by james_8970, 03 February 2008 - 01:49 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

No actually, I'm seeing a big difference in all of them

TAT = 28C idle

Speedfan = Core 1 = 19C
Core 2 = 20C
CPU = 38C

Coretemp = anywhere from 32C-45C (Jumps around randomly)

PC Wizard = 33C

And my BIOS system monitor temp is s stable 43C

All of these programs are able to recognize my exact processor too.

Your CPU is newer so you may have issues with some of these programs not supporting the E6x50 chips. Have you tried running everst home edition? I usually consider this program the most accurate.
I'm going to assume that your CPU is jumping around in temperatures due to Speedstep. This is a program made by Intel to drop the multiplier and voltage of your CPU to conserve energy.
Have you tried using a program such as orthos to apply a large load to your CPU? I'm not really interested in Idle temps as they don't mean anything to anyone :) Load temps are much more important then idle.
James

Edited by james_8970, 03 February 2008 - 08:54 PM.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Just use core temp it don't rely on motherboard sensors, reads right from the cpu core

core temp

jhemfl

jhemfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Core temp is inaccurate, when I use it the temperatures jump anywhere from 32C to 48C, and every other application says 30C-33C.

Core temp must not work with the setup I have, I know for a fact my cpu is not at 48C or anywhere close to that.

I'm guessing its around 32C, I tried using everest, speedfan, tat, and a few others, they all say around 32C.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Core temp is inaccurate, when I use it the temperatures jump anywhere from 32C to 48C, and every other application says 30C-33C.

These programs are not 100% accurate on all systems.
Speed fan tells me my CPU temp is 68 C.

jhemfl

jhemfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I know I was replying to Doby