Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CCTV - Good or bad?

• Please log in to reply

Pudzz

Pudzz

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have to write about what people think about CCTV cameras, so if you have an opinion say it

I think that it can be a good thing but if we don't be careful we could go to far with it. CCTV can help alot and has help stop crimes but if we keep adding cameras to the streets we will keep having less and less praivercy .

Edited by Pudzz, 01 February 2008 - 03:05 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you're in college?....do they teach spelling or typing there? if so you might want to take a class or two. don't mean to be rude but that was very difficult to read

as long as the cameras are in public places and not on private properties with the inherant ability to view into a private location (such as an office window or into your bathroom window) then there are no problems in my book...if you're in a public location then you have no reasonable expectation of privacy and shouldn't be surprised that someone is watching what you're doing (i.e. if you don't want someone to see you do something...don't do it on the corner)...however this takes planning on the installer's part. they must place their equipment in such a way that the cameras can never view into any private areas.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
If I am in a public place, and I can see it with only my eyes (and glasses), Than you have no expectation of privacy.
Therefore, if I can see it I can record it.
IT is not spying if it is in public view.