Delete these two files in bold
You can delete the tools that we usedYou now need to update your Java and remove your older versions.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components.
* Click Start > Control Panel.
* Click Add/Remove Programs.
* Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in the name.
* Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE), and install it to your computer from hereNow we need to create a new System Restore point.
Click Start Menu > Run > type (or copy and paste)%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe
. Choose Create a Restore Point
then click Next
. Name it and click Create
, when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click Close
Next goto Start Menu > Run > typecleanmgr
, Disk Cleanup will open and start calculating the amount of space that can be freed, Once thats finished it will open the Disk Cleanup options screen, click the More Options
tab then click Clean up
on the system restore area and choose Yes
at the confirmation window which will remove all the restore points except the one we just created.
To close Disk Cleanup and remove the Temporary Internet Files detected in the initial scan click OK
then choose Yes
on the confirmation window.
Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer against malware infections.
* Keep Windows updated by regularly checking their website at :http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
* To reduce re-infection for malware in the future, I strongly recommend installing these free programs:SpywareBlaster
protects against bad ActiveXIE-SPYAD
puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all
Have a look at this tutorial for IE-Spyad here
offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.Make Internet Explorer more secure
- Click Start > Run
- Type Inetcpl.cpl & click OK
- Click on the Security tab
- Click Reset all zones to default level
- Make sure the Internet Zone is selected & Click Custom level
- In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".
- Next Click OK, then Apply button and then OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
* MVPS Hosts file
replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites and other bad sites. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer, meaning it will be difficult to infect yourself in the future.
* Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more
secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in pop up
blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from Here
* Take a good look at the following suggestions for malware prevention by reading Tony Klein’s article 'How Did I Get Infected In The First Place'Here
Thank you for your patience, and performing all of the procedures requested.