Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Outlook will not reinstall after XP upgrade

• Please log in to reply

charlesn56

charlesn56

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Before upgrading to Win XP I ran the upgrade advisor. One of my Helpful Information items was that Microsoft Outlook would have to be reinstalled, after Windows XP setup is complete. I upgraded to XP without any problems, except that the Office application does not reinstall Outlook. It ask for the Office disk, and then in reading the first disk comes up with a 1305 disk reading error and cannot find a file. I have cleaned the CD and I can't get it to work. Any suggestion, or work around?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315996

Failing that, take Outlook off via Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and reinstall again from the CD.

charlesn56

charlesn56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I tried removing Outlook and reinstalling Microsoft Office. Still have the same problem. Had to reinstall a disk image to get back to the place I was before. What does the XP upgrade do to Outlook that it does not do to the other applications in Microsoft Office?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What version of Outlook is it?