Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Having trouble uninstalling Dell Media Experience

• Please log in to reply

kw4

kw4

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Normally when I go to add/remove programs, I just click on change/remove and it's even easy enough for me to follow the uninstall instructions.

But with Dell Media Experience, I'm having a bit of trouble. I click on uninstall, then some installshield wizard loads, and then there's a pop-up that says clicking OK will remove the program.

I click OK, then it says something about power-saving settings. It says "When I press the power button on my computer:" then there is a drop down menu that shows Shut Down, Ask Me What To Do, Do Nothing, Hibernate, and Stand By.

Which do I choose and why is it asking me that?

SORRY, THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE WINDOWS XP AREA..

Edited by kw4, 01 February 2008 - 04:00 PM.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello kw4 and welcome to Geeks to Go!

For the dialog box, you can just choose whatever option you want it to perform when you press the power button. Most often it is standby or shutdown.

If you can't uninstall Dell Media Experience, Can you try reinstalling it? Sometimes installations become corrupted and the uninstall no longer works. After reinstalling, it most often corrects the issue.

Regards,

Ax

Leprechauns

Leprechauns

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello kw4 and welcome to Geeks to Go!

For the dialog box, you can just choose whatever option you want it to perform when you press the power button. Most often it is standby or shutdown.

If you can't uninstall Dell Media Experience, Can you try reinstalling it? Sometimes installations become corrupted and the uninstall no longer works. After reinstalling, it most often corrects the issue.

Regards,

Ax

Ax.
How do I reinstall Dell Media Experience. What disc is it on, and how do I extract it. My problem with Dell is ' each time I put a dvd my pc locks up, I press Ctrl Alt Del and I get the dell icon at the bottom. I right click on it and close it' then my pc comes back. Dell Media Experience dosent even work. Can you help. Thanks.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Dell Media Experience should be on the Dell Tools CD. Have a look at the following instructions:
Installing Dell™ Media Experience™

Leprechauns

Leprechauns

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Dell Media Experience should be on the Dell Tools CD. Have a look at the following instructions:
Installing Dell™ Media Experience™

Thanks.
I looked at all my disc's, I have Eurotools System Software on two discs. Cyberlink PowerDVD/Contents: Applications.
Application: for reinstalling dell Eurotools System Software.
And the operating System reinstallation CD. tried them all. couldent find what I was told to look for.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Try installing it from the dmx.exe file found at the following link:
http://www.clockwork...uters.com/dell/

Leprechauns

Leprechauns

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Try installing it from the dmx.exe file found at the following link:
http://www.clockwork...uters.com/dell/

I downloaded DMX and installed id. Filled in my Name etc and clicked next, it said Power Cinema Main Program for Dell' has encontered a problem and needs to close.

Thats as far as I got. I did notice that it said the program was for an Dell Inspiron ? My machine is a Dell Dimension. Would that make any difference? I don't think it should myself as I did have Dell Media Experience working OK.

There is something I did leave out telling you. I have spybot on my system, I was deleting files on that and it kept asking me if I wanted to delete a file, it kept doing this with each file,there was this option to delete all, so I clicked all (which I will never do again)and it is since I did this that I have this problem with Dell.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
OK, so that's how it started. Well what you can do is go to Spybot - Search & Destroy, click Recovery, and recover the necessary items that got removed. That should fix the issue, if it was Spybot that caused it.

Leprechauns

Leprechauns

• Pip
  • 8 posts

OK, so that's how it started. Well what you can do is go to Spybot - Search & Destroy, click Recovery, and recover the necessary items that got removed. That should fix the issue, if it was Spybot that caused it.

I looked in spybot recovery and there's nothing about dell. So it must of been something else.
But since I installed DMX I put another DVD in my PC and it didn't lock up. I just opened Cyberlink Power DVD and played the DVD. So what ever is wrong with Dell it must be just a file problem.
Thanks.
I hope you can continue to help.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Thanks for the update. You can try using System Restore to go back to before Spybot deleted the items.

Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur

Leprechauns

Leprechauns

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Thanks for the update. You can try using System Restore to go back to before Spybot deleted the items.

Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur

Thanks for that advice. I did try restore when this first happened.

Well at least you solved the problem of my machine locking up. That was the most important bit' and im very grateful to you. I think I can live with this dell not working , its not something I use. Maybe if you come across this problem and have a fix for it you could pass it on to me.
Thank you very much.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
You're welcome. The other option you have is to contact Dell Tech Support. They would be better at getting things working since they have their own "fix" documents at their disposal. You can access it using the following link:
http://support.dell....o...nki=0&s=gen

I like using the chat feature, they send you the transcript through email as well, which is nice.

Regards,

Ax