Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

blurry monitor

• Please log in to reply

cemmam

cemmam

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a new acer aspire computer hooked up to an older ctx color monitor. I can watch dvd's and play video games and the picture is clear. But when I get on ANY internet site the pictures are always blurry (the text is clear). I have adjusted the monitor settings, etc. without any luck. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Advertisements

Storman

Storman

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Assuming you have XP, go to Control Panel ----> Display ----> Click on Settings tab ----> the "Advanced" (bottom right).

What you see now varies from PC to PC depending on your graphics card. However, there should be a Monitor tab. Click on that and let us know what the Refresh rate is set at.

cemmam

cemmam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have windows vista. The refresh rate is set at 72 hertz.

Storman

Storman

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Do you know what model your CTX monitor is?

The recommended resolution for current CTX CRT montitors is 1024 x 768 @ 85Hz

You could try that ?

Also, does your monitor have a Degauss function in the OSD control menu? Have you tried that? If you do try that then do not hold the button down and don't repeat within 20 minutes of doing so.

Cheers :)