Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LOAD ERROR!

• Please log in to reply

uchinanchur

uchinanchur

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, shed some of your knowledge on me, geeks!

I've got a Toshiba M35-S320 laptop running Windows XP.
My problem is I can't get WinXP to load at all.
When I power up, I get a message "LOAD ERROR! PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT"
When I press any key, it doesn't do anything.
I've tried the Recovery Disk in the drive and that doesn't load from power up. I get an "I/O error. Please replace disk and press any key to restart". ----doesn't work!
I've tried F8 while load, that doesn't work.
The only screen besides the error message that I can access is the BIOS setup utility screen and I've tried changing everything on there and that doesn't do any good.
All I get is that stupid "LOAD ERROR" screen.

HELP!!!!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Either the hard disk has failed or the hard disk interface on the main board has failed.
If only the hard disk hs failed, this can be replaced with any new 2.5-inch hard disk and the OS will have to be re-installed onto it.

If it's the interface or some other component related to it that's failed, you'll need to get a service technician to take a look at it.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this..
you could also get puppy linux...Get puppy-2.16-seamonkey-fulldrivers.iso download it and burn it to cd ...if you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files go here and get burncdcc ..a small FAST no frills iso burning program...make sure in the bios the cd drive is the first boot device....put the cd in the cd drive..boot your computer....puppy will boot and run totally in ram...if your hardware is is good working order you will know...
after you get it running and your at the desktop...you take the puppy linux cd out and then you can use the burner to copy all yor data to cd/dvds
you can also use it to backup your data to a external usb harddrive..just have it hooked to the computer when you boot up with puppy...

mash potato

mash potato

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
do you have a system recovery cd and an update cd
should have come with your computer

if so

reboot your system using non-destructive methods(you might not have an option, but i do)
When it asks to put the update cd, press cancel.

That way you lose any file on your computer

If not

i recommend you call the tech guys or something and get them to send you a sys. recovery cd
just be warned that they do cost quite a bit

enjoy :)