Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad-Aware cannot connect for WebUpdate

• Please log in to reply

Sammy324

Sammy324

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I spent last weekend reconfiguring my network, securing it, allowing for printer/file sharing, adding a MAC filter, etc. Today, when I tried to connect Ad-Aware for the webupdate and scan, I received a message on the WebUpdate screen that says, "error retrieving update." Ad-Aware cannot connect on either computer on the network. What should I do to allow Ad-Aware to connect to the internet to get the updates?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Adaware SE has expired as of December 31st 2007. It will no longer update itself.
Manual file definitions are still available from the Lavasoft website if you look about hard enough but the built-in web update function no longer works.