Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Critical graphics error

• Please log in to reply

Reactor

Reactor

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I would request the help of an expert here. Today I've installed that thrice cursed ZD Soft Screen Recorder to record something. It didn't worked, none of the codecs ran, and it told me to reinstall the software. I uninstalled it, and then reinstalled. Then I did a reboot, and when the Windows logged in, the screen had extremely ugly quality. I immediately wanted to put the settings back to the optimal, but no luck. The quality can be only set to 4-bit graphics, and I can't roll the slide to resize the screen.

So I can hardly do anything with my computer...the graphics is 4-bit,and unimaginibly ugly, and the screen size is 800×600. I've tried to run the nVidia Desktop Manager I have, but it won't run. The nVidia Control Center has nothing which could help. I even tried the Windows backup (restore last known good configurations), still does not work. What the [bleep] should I do now? Do you have any good advices how to devastate this problem? It's really annoying!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Reactor...

Have you tried rolling back the display adapter drivers from Device Manager?

wannabe1

Reactor

Reactor

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Where can I roll back the display adapter drivers? I see Details, Refresh, Restore and Uninstall...

Reactor

Reactor

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Okay, found it :) It works perfectly now. Thank you for the advice!

A reminder to ALL people: do NOT use that ZD Soft recorder [bleep], it'll ruin your graphics driver. It's a piece of junk.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I should have left you better instructions...sorry. Things were a bit hectic at the time I posted.

Glad that did the trick! :)