Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New mouse stopped working

• Please log in to reply

darthmic

darthmic

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Well, I've been using this USB mouse for roughly a month (so , more or less, it's new) and it was working well when suddenly , it stopped working
1)I did not install /change anything in between the time when the mouse worked and stopped working
2)The mouse's "ON" LED lights up fine when i plug it into the USB port
3) another mouse works okay.

additional info :
1) running Win XP pro w/SP2
2) not a virus problem
3) It stopped working all of a sudden, no warnings ,popups, etc etc
4) It's a laser mouse (is this any different from an optical mouse? there's no red light like a normal optical mouse but it seems to be able to move the pointer before it stopped working... Also, Is it safe to look at this..."invisible" light without any eye protection?)
5) tried all USB ports on my pc

Thanks for any help

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did the mouse come with any drivers...if so try reinstalling them..
try the mouse on a different computer ...if it does not work on that one either ..its the mouse itself..