Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop power problems

• Please log in to reply

Nipedley

Nipedley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, I've been having some trouble with a nightmare laptop for a few days now. I've managed to fix everything up to todays problem, which is confusing me to no end. The laptop was working absolutely fine after all the repairs, so I decided to plug the battery back into it (the battery will only carry 2s of charge but thats another issue) and the little green charging light comes on, then boom it all goes completely dead. The laptop was not on, but the light that signifies the charger being present and the charging lights all dead. I take the battery out, same deal, and if I press the power button - the led flashes at me and thats it.

It gets weirder though. After I stripped it down to investigate it I accidentally held down the power button while placing the charger in - and boom it starts. I'm writing this on it. But, it still can't see the charger. The light for it is still off. And if I turn it off now, it won't turn back on unless I hold the power button while inserting the charger again.

Am I stuck with an extremely crippled laptop or is there something I've overlooked?

[bleep] I hate this laptop.

Cheers

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
sounds like the battery is not just dead but faulty and that it may have damaged the charging/power circuits.... Short of leaving it unplugged for a length of time before retrying about the only thing you can do is see if it has a seperate power board to replace or just live with the issues.... unfortunately laptops are a pain....