Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can i use a usb flash drive to transfer songs from itunes onto my lapt

• Please log in to reply

skater123

skater123

• Pip
  • 7 posts
can i use a usb flash drive to transfer songs from itunes onto my laptop

Advertisements

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
You should just be able to transfer them from your ipod to your laptop if your laptop has itunes.

Patrick Wilmes

Patrick Wilmes

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have done this many times. Keep in mind that your flash drive must have amble storage for all the songs you want to transfer. Also please note that if you want to have the songs on your laptop drag them into itunes and as well as my music and into the itunes folder in my music. If you just drag them into itunes and eject your flash drive you will not be able to listen to them. The way iTunes works is that it needs the songs in My Music otherwise it can't retrieve the files. iTunes is very confusing at times. I also recommend that if you have any purchased songs or moves or games, to back them up to your flash drive as well so you don't need to re download it every time you restore itunes. ALWAYS backup your music.

- Snake eyes-

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
iTunes doesn't store music files. It stores libraries, only. Your music files are stored somewhere on your computer, and can move them at will.

Patrick Wilmes

Patrick Wilmes

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Yeah, I meant libraries not music files.

Matt Brownn

Matt Brownn

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
yes you can and if you are on windows which it says you are, go to My Music and Copy the iTunes folder to the flash drive. this is if you are buying your music from iTunes.