Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant Windows update

• Please log in to reply

tallin

tallin

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Hi canorro,

Please follow the quoted instructions below. The information sent is not correct, the link should look like this:
http://www.pcpitstop...P7RSWABBTVSVADG

After you run the pit test, click on
Share Results with

TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Then cut and paste the entire link into this thread

The above link is a sample test that is not relevant to you, but gives you an overview of what you obtain when running a pit test for analysing.

I hope this assists you. also post back if you do not understand the above directions - we are happy to assist you further.

kind regards,

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Canorro, you need to read what has been posted, I was very specific. I said to uninstall ALL .NET software. After that reboot.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Hi canorro,

Please follow the quoted instructions below. The information sent is not correct, the link should look like this:
http://www.pcpitstop...P7RSWABBTVSVADG

After you run the pit test, click on
Share Results with

TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Then cut and paste the entire link into this thread

The above link is a sample test that is not relevant to you, but gives you an overview of what you obtain when running a pit test for analyzing.

I hope this assists you. also post back if you do not understand the above directions - we are happy to assist you further.

kind regards,

http://www.pcpitstop...WFWSW398TGS6FZG here it is

Canorro, you need to read what has been posted, I was very specific. I said to uninstall ALL .NET software. After that reboot.

I remove .net 3.0 and 1.1 but 2 say something about it cannot be found on network

Edited by Canorro, 05 February 2008 - 05:23 PM.

tallin

tallin

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
:) Good work.

Did you do as Ztruker advised?

Also, did you follow through ALL my suggestions in my last post before running the pit test?

If you did, I now advise you to follow the Customized Tune Up tips suggested in the pit test.......except the Device Driver Updates as this is not necessary at this time unless you are having problems with any drivers on your machine.

kind regards,

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Did you ever rename the SoftwareDistribution folder as I suggested? If so, I did not see where you said you did this.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Did you ever rename the SoftwareDistribution folder as I suggested? If so, I did not see where you said you did this.

Yes i did and i remove the .net as you suggested, rename softwaredistribution to .old and know i re-install .net them in windows updates but the services packs arent installing I guest nothing is helping so its better to hide the updates in windows updates and continue updating other stuff like today microsoft release a security update and it install fine :)
( I use .net for coverting video files from a freeware)

Edited by Canorro, 05 February 2008 - 09:47 PM.