Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Instant Log off

• Please log in to reply

GyverX

GyverX

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I ran across one of the threads here about the same problem and really didn't see any viable solutions. So I'm starting a new thread.
I know my way around a computer, inside and out.

The Problem:

The story:
I got this call to reset the password for these guys. They added more ram and the system wanted to log into Admin. They couldnt remember the password. So I went over there, resite the password and then this problem started.

They usually didnt log into Admin, but it was the only user name listed. (This computer is part of a 6 computer network for an at home business). So I did a little bit of searching on the web there and found mostly stuff on mailware. We ended up reinstalling windows on top of its self and nothing changed. I now have the computer at home and put the HHD in an enclosure to run scans on it. Did a few searches for some mailware .dll's. Nothing is doing the job. I can get the data saved but Im not to sure about this guys installed software. I have access to loads of tech software and know my way around an XP system.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Im needing to find some type of solution by tonight to get this thing done for the job it is needed for. You guys seem to be a buch of nice people so I am starting here. :)

Advertisements

SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
hope this help you as your problem is somehow common

http://www.theelderg...showtopic=27950

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I have fixed that error before by running a repair off the installation CD.

GyverX

GyverX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the help and the links. It not mailware and I have already ran a scan on the hard drive. I tried using that fix from M$ and when I tried to expand the files it gave me an access denied LOL GG Microsoft. In any case I took the files, renamed them and extracted them and placed them in the system32 folder, (With help from an enclosure) and we'll see how it goes. I called the guy and have an extra day :)

We'll see how it goes after I get back from work.