Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

no start menu or tool bar

• Please log in to reply

julia2

julia2

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
okay i try to do this in the being of last month. i have superantispyware free edition, and hijack this on my computer, i have just done this to day the dexkard system scanner, and the kaspersky scanner, and now i i have no start menu/tool bar at the buttom....what did i do wrong???

i am aslo getting this poping up say

mutimedia car read - resouce is not enough

cwndsession monitor - iexplore.exe-application error

the instruction at "0x62304390" referenced memory at "0x62304390" the memory could not be read.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello julia2...

Looks like you've got quite a bit going on here. Let's concentrate on the taskbar for now to make things easier to finish up in your malware thread.

First, we'll try to start the explorer shell the easy way.

Press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time. This will start the Task Manager. In the Task Manager window, click on the "New Task" button on the lower right. Then, in the "Open" field, type explorer.exe and click "Ok".

Does your taskbar come back after doing this?

wannabe1

julia2

julia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
okay i just got the taskbar and start menu back. by going to the documents or computer and type in control panel. and then i click on the they start menu and it was lock and something else but i took off the lock and add icons at on the tool bar. so that is taking care of so how do i do the rest of it.... and thank you so much for trying to help me.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Good job! That would have been my next suggestion if the last one had not made the taskbar appear...you beat me to it.

The other error is usually associated with a bad Internet Explorer Add On. In Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" on the toolbar, point to "Manage Add-Ons", and select "Enable or Disable Add-Ons". Disable all of the Add-Ons listed. If the error goes away, enable them one at a time until the error returns...that will be the bad Add-On and it should be removed or left disabled.

To disable them, click on them (one at a time) in the list and then select the "Disable" radio button below the list, then click "Ok". Do this in reverse to Enable them.

julia2

julia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
okay i try that and i had nothing that come up. but when i try to use the icon y! sign to go to yahoo. nothing happen. i had to use the address and pull up yahoo. but i go to my mail and try to check it and when i go to email there is nothing there and it happening to of it in the inbox and bluck. or i tryed my myspace and i try to get to my home and it send me back to the front of the myspace not my home page. but i go to my cafemom and look things up it fine. i can use google.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Enable just the yahoo related Add-Ons and try the Yahoo sites. See if the error returns. It the error does not return, enable as couple more Add-Ons and see if the error returns. Repeat this until you get the error again...note what the last Add-Ons that you enabled were before the error returned.

julia2

julia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
i try to type it in the yahoo web seach and still not work it does not. i did enable and its still set not working,.. i went to the mircosoft update and try to install up dates and it is saying KB41644 setup error -set up could not verufy the integity of the file update.inf. makesure the cryptographic service is running on the computer.

what does that mean????

Edited by julia2, 03 February 2008 - 08:52 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Did you continue to enable Add-Ons until you received the error as I suggested?

julia2

julia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
yes but i am not getting anything comeing up,... i cant look at any yahoo message or send a yahoo message out. cant use the y! webseach. and my computer is running slow and on the task bar when you have the internet on it should show up its not doing that,.. my hard drive is alittle loud. what should i run. i am lost and my head hurts

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
If you have all the Add-Ons enabled again and you are not getting the errors, then we'll leave that alone for the time being. You should be able to get to your yahoo mail through the Yahoo Website.

It sounds like you need a break. Let's wait and see what the experts have to say about your topic there. Many of the problems you describe have been known to be malware related. Trying to fix everything here may be futile if the malware is fighting us. Get some rest and wait for the malware folks to get back to you. Let me know when they do and I'll watch while they help you.

Advertisements

julia2

julia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
okay thanks. good night

julia2

julia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
could my computer be crashing??? i get those pop ups, list above... and when i try to check me email all the mail is blank, i try to reply and nothing happens, i try to use that y! tool bar and seach and nothing happens,.. the only way i can go to yahoo is by typeing it in the address bar,..... if i am on the yahoo site,... and try to go to the thing on there nothing is happening. it is running slow,... down at the bottom where it shows what should be open, there is nothing there and if you try to miniamize it, its gone,....

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Julia, let a malware staff member give you the all clear before posting here. The problem could be malware related, hence why you shouldn't post here until somebody says to do it.

julia2

julia2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
okay,... i last week i just did a recovery on my computer and set the thing back to when i bought it,... cuz i i have cd,... i just got home and got on it and it says backdoor.Nibu for trojan 3 times so what do i need to remove it???

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello julia2...

You'll need to go back through the Malware Cleaning again. What kind of malware protection programs are you using?

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions you'll find there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Do Not reply to or "bump" your own topic...if it shows a reply, it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1