Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Tell us about your rig!

• Please log in to reply

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

I might even get a stacker as they seem to go on sale for $150.

The main reason why I like this case so much is because I can mount my PA120.3 rad in the bottom of the case, which would make my build a lot cleaner. I plan on going to LAN parties soon and the way my rad is currently mounted will not work for transportation. Also, I cannot stand the Antec 900 in terms of cable management. There are ways to hide cables and I could do it (it would be a large modding project), but the end result is that I'm going to need more space for more hard drives in the future, so I might as well upgrade now. In my cases current state, I will only be able to place 3 hard drive in there (my pump is located in the lower section).

Also, I don't see why anyone would need two PSU bays.

You wouldn't. Some people like to overestimate the amount of power they really need.
James

I think clubit.com usaly sells the stacker 830 for $158. It a awsome case, It is big but I like big.Thing bulit like a tank.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

I might even get a stacker as they seem to go on sale for $150.

The main reason why I like this case so much is because I can mount my PA120.3 rad in the bottom of the case, which would make my build a lot cleaner. I plan on going to LAN parties soon and the way my rad is currently mounted will not work for transportation. Also, I cannot stand the Antec 900 in terms of cable management. There are ways to hide cables and I could do it (it would be a large modding project), but the end result is that I'm going to need more space for more hard drives in the future, so I might as well upgrade now. In my cases current state, I will only be able to place 3 hard drive in there (my pump is located in the lower section).

Also, I don't see why anyone would need two PSU bays.

You wouldn't. Some people like to overestimate the amount of power they really need.
James

I think clubit.com usaly sells the stacker 830 for $158. It a awsome case, It is big but I like big.Thing bulit like a tank.

Problem is I'm canadian and shipping a case from the USA would cost nearly as much as the case itself. :)
James

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Ouch!

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I just bought a new mouse and dvd burner today.

Just some Pioneer SATA dvd burner. Razer Copperhead gaming mouse.

Getting used to a new mouse is always a bit tedious, but it's really nice.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I know very little myself about hardware. I'm the first to admit that. I took this from Everest Home edition report. I recently got this computer from my boss, Chris Pirillo. It's an amazing machine. :)

Motherboard:
CPU Type 2x , 3000 MHz

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX (512 MB)
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX (512 MB)

Storage:
IDE Controller NVIDIA nForce 590/570/550 Serial ATA Controller
Optical Drive SONY DVD RW AW-Q170A
Optical Drive SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615 (16x/48x DVD-ROM)

Motherboard Properties:
Manufacturer ASUSTek Computer INC.

Processor Properties:
Version AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-74 Processor

Memory Module Properties:
Socket Designation DIMM_A1
Installed Size 1024 MB

Socket Designation DIMM_B1
Installed Size 1024 MB

Socket Designation DIMM_A2
Installed Size 1024 MB

Socket Designation DIMM_B2
Installed Size 1024 MB

and here are pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
I built out this rig around 4 to 5 months after the mobo on my old machine died and I wanted a fresh start

• Antec Nine Hundred Case
  • ASUS P532N SLI
  • Intel Core 2 E6750 @ 2.66Ghz (I may OC it at some point, idk)
  • Antec TruePower 500W PSU
  • 2GB Corsair XMS2-6400 RAM @ 800 Mhz
  • EVGA 512MB Geforce 8600GTS
  • Pioneer DVR-212D SATA DVD-RW
  • WD 250GB SATAII
  • Zalman CM9400 Copper Heatsink (its HUGE haha)

Im pretty satisfied with the overall performance. It runs idle around 34C and under full load it never breaks 50C. The next addition I see getting is a 2x500GB RAID 0 setup primarily to get all my data (mostly music) off my 500GB external and redudency.

Edited by Cilix, 07 February 2008 - 08:54 AM.