Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus/Trojan problem

• Please log in to reply

dpp

dpp

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello

I run a photography business form my office at home and I have McAfee Antivirus to protect my computer. Everytime I log into my computer I get the 2 notifications from the McAfee software. It says that the Backdoor-CGZ and the Generic downloader.f virus and Trojan have been detected and removed. Thats great that its been spotted , but its becoming very annoying and I wondered what I can do to stop this thing infecting my computer everytime I turn it on.

I have cleaned the computer from the DOS menu, I have uploaded and installed NoAdware and run McAfee virus scan and it still happens.

The last resort would be a reformat, and as I am pretty computer illiterate (as you can probably tell) that scares me rigid.

Please can you help....

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
I found this information at the McAfee website: http://vil.nai.com/v...eSysRestore.htm

After your follow the steps on this site, run McAfee and see if it will delete the viruses then. Afterwards, you will want to turn your System Resore back on.

Let us know if this helps you out or if you are still having trouble.

Good luck.

dpp

dpp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello

Yes I have tried that and still no luck

Apparently these 2 files infest when I start my computer.
McAfee have advised me to run a DOS scan again but this time adding some extra code.

I really hope this works.

Thanks anyway

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please visit the forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top.