Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MMORPG

• Please log in to reply

okc0r

okc0r

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Everquest 1 is probably the most in depth and the most rewarding vs time spent. It has also aged very well meaning all the new content has really made the game very enjoyable. However I'm not sure if they'res anyone really "new" to the game anymore?? Meaning you may be playing by yourself a lot unless you know people that play it.

Ultima Online is one of my all time favorites for instanct pvp action. It's fast paced with a steeper learning curve. Typically skill is the determinate factor in this game vs "time". Look for a free server. Easy to find and doesnt cost a dime.

I can't recommend EQ2, SB, DAOC2, SWG, Lineage, Matrix Online.....
However i did play eq2 for 3 months that's 2 months longer than the other games in the "not recommended list".

My roomate plays WoW and it looks really pretty ;) not sure on gameplay and such but he's a "soloist" so i dont think he really takes part in the mm part of mmorpg =D

and of course!! MuDs are alwasy fun :tazz:

Advertisements

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
hey y'all

the game thats free and addicting is Runescape 2

its gets fun when u go pking(player killing)

yes u have to pay for the extra stuff(wayyyy better weps and armour, magic etc) but its only 5 buckaroonies a month!!!!

i cant wait to become a member!!!

Stu Design

plz any1 that plays RS2, can u answer my post??

http://www.geekstogo...ion-t24319.html

okc0r

okc0r

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I played runescape 1 it was a lot of fun =D Two of my friends are playing RS2 they're bigtime into it

Xc3551v3

Xc3551v3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Darkmilitia.tj

ollietuckeruk

ollietuckeruk

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
the best mmorpg ive played is swg (Star wars galaxies) and and because theve brought out another expantsion and the combat upgrade the game is revamped!

there are other main stream games witch personal i dont like but are preatty widly played atm there are

World of warcraft
Guildwars
everquest 2 (not that bad)
city of heros
matrix online

dabienman

dabienman

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
BEST FREE MMORPG is defenenlty KNIGHTS ONLINE

its is an orignally malaysion game but now there is a US server

try it free at www.knightonlineworld.com you can also pay for a premium version for advantages. this game is based mostly on Nation vs Nation (humans vs orcs) once you hit 50+ levels

the hacker

the hacker

• Pip
  • 1 posts
one of my favorite mmorpgs is rotox

you can find it free at rotox.net

pistol123

pistol123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Try DarkThrone you will LOVE IT, click the link below

http://www.darkthron...362O30226Q30311

Attached Thumbnails

• mainheader.jpg

Surfdude

Surfdude

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Just go with World of Warcraft, good game

nehlem sarascon

nehlem sarascon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have just got Guild wars last week and it is way addictive
i was gona get WOW but didnt want to be paying the monthly fee and Guild wars is just as good

cant get enuf of it

go for it mate

Advertisements

neilp4453

neilp4453

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
i recommend wolfenstein enemy territory. its a online only thing that is completely free. it was supposed to be an expansion pack or something but they released as a free standalone. its freakin awesome. only problem I see is the way the games are listed (and they are listed like this on almost every pc game ive played) and no mic support from what I know.

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

If you don't have a lot of time, CoH is a great game for the casual gamer.  That's the only game I've had past the free trial.

View Post

I agree. I will sometimes play for 10 minutes in a week, and sometimes over two hours a day. An easy game to pick up and get into. Lots of friendly people (unlike Lin2 :tazz: )

If you are willing to pay monthly, I'd go with City of Heroes. No one can beat their character creation. WoW comes in a close second to CoH....

Lilcokekid

Lilcokekid

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
If your looking for a shooting game online. I would go for CoD or CS: Source.
Or even socom 2 for the ps2.

Anbo

Anbo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Anarchy Online is award winning and now free. I'll be on it in August. It's free download and free of monthly fees. No monthly fees is always nice.

Rocketman1Dave

Rocketman1Dave

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Guild Wars is the way to go, you can form guilds create caps for them dye your armor, buy a hall for your guild, it also has single player mode and PvP mode. Amazing game, u can play alone, with a party of people or with computer hench men. with its style of play the person killing that happeneds when you are trying to complete a quest is avoided, you would have to play to understand. while the free online play can't be campaired to.
Best MMORPG i have ever played and the free online part is a hudge thing for me otherwise i would of comtinued to play DAOC