Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound On my computer

• Please log in to reply

droidack

droidack

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I'm running xp(sp 2) on this 4 year old computer my sound card is an audigy 2. Here is the problem there is no sound, no start up sound, nothing in itunes or windows media player, not even on www.spool.fm. I've had this problem before, it always occurs when I install a (copied :)) edition of midtown madness. When I installed it the sound for the game worked perfectly but no other sound whatsoever. If I uninstalled it sound was returned. But this time I have installed/uninstalled the game many times and still no sound. Except for ZDOOM which is a major mod of DOOM 2, the only other game that I have tried is madness interactive by flecko (no sound).

Can anyone help me please?

Edit:Also dvds still give me sound as well.

Edited by droidack, 04 February 2008 - 01:11 PM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
The first thing I would try is to update the sound card driver.

droidack

droidack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Yes that worked thank you for your help.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Not a problem, glad it worked for ya.