Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firewall blockings

• Please log in to reply

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Nice test.

Have you made any changes to Windows lately, including but not limited to new software installations?

When exactly did this start?

Anything different you've noticed?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
No other changes made. Seemed to happen after a power outage. I was play TF2 at the time the power went out. The internet didn't work when I booted up the next morning. I couldn't have made any changes during that period.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Ehhh, just booted into Windows and it looks like my router is now working there.

Now thats out of the way, is there anything I can do stop these attempts to bypass my firewall other than letting my firewall take care of it?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Are the attempts always from the same location? Just to make sure nothing new has happened, post the IP or name which is tapping into your computer.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
There are many different IPs that are hitting it. Many of them are in the same range for example: 24.64.xxx.xxx. For now I will list the one high risk rated one in my log: 74.128.99.82

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
That IP appears to be a communication company, possibly your ISP.

Are there any that are totally foreign? When I say that, I mean IPs that come out of the blue more-less. I still don't know why they're being detected by ZoneAlarm... What's your security level set to?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
It is set to high. The ISP that you looked up, I looked up aswell. That is not my ISP. Two high rated one that I caught and stood out were in my orginal post. I no longer have the IP but it showed up as this in the whois database:

Netname: A1DIALUP-NET
Range: 211.99.192.0 - 211.99.199.255

The blocks were on port 80, the HTTP port.

Edit: Also, these are no longer existant but what was the deal with them?

Netstat from command prompt show two open ports without IE running.

1. local: TCP [computername]:2437 foreign: 72-165-61-141.dia.static.qwest.net:27039
2. local: TCP [computername]:2730 foreign: 72-165-61-141.dia.static.qwest.net:27039

Edited by Titan8990, 12 February 2008 - 07:48 PM.