Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Xp Installation gone wrong

• Please log in to reply

Goblin40

Goblin40

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well I'm going back to Xp after having Vista for some months but ran into a bit of trouble. My other hard drive, the biggest one, and the one with all my games, doesn't show up. I've checked the connections and everything but nothing seems to work. It's funny how people complain about Vista when I never had these problems with it. I just went back to Xp because I thought I might see improvement in my games because I only have a single core processor but a 8600GT graphics card.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Welcome Goblin40.
  • What kind of drives do you have? Are they mixed IDE/SATA or all one or the other?
  • Does the drive still show up in BIOS Setup?
If the drive does show in BIOS then open Disk Management (Start then Run, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter).

If the drive shows there, assign it a drive letter. You should then be able to access it as you did under Vista.