Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create an account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign In Create Account

Deleting corrupted files on external hard drive

• Please log in to reply

Jeck

Jeck

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an external laptop harddisk and I copied a file from a CD to the harddisk, which I don't know that it is a corrupted file. Then I opened the file which I copied then it prompt me an error message "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". When I delete the file I got message "Cannot delete file: The directory is not empty".

How can I delete this unwanted file? I haven't tried to format the drive...