Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video Card

• Please log in to reply

John Cutler

John Cutler

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi all,

My sons computer has a video card Nvidea Geforce 7600 GS (I don't know what brand) but it has been working fine for all his gaming requirements. The other day when after playing a game the screen went blank then had stripes on it. The video card has gone, as i replaced it with the original card and it is working fine... apart from playing the games.

I purchased another Video card another Nvidea Geforce 7600 GS made by Jetway and the card doesn't work.

Any hints why?

Advertisements

Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Perhaps it's your power suuply lacking power? or your graphics driver?

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Some motherboard does have compatibility issues with some graphic card, even with the same chipset but comes from different vendor.

What motherboard do you use? If you are uncetain, you can determine your motherboard type from Cpu-z

John Cutler

John Cutler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Problem solved - it was a conflict with the old video card. Thanks