Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Operating System not found

• Please log in to reply

fang

fang

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
A friend wanted me to help him with his computer. It is an HP Pavilion 6835.

The problem is it won't boot up and aftter the HP screen it goes to a black screen with the words Operating System not found in the top left corner.

I took out the harddrive out and put it into another PC that showed me the hardrive had a corrupted verison of XP and a version of 98 that would boot. So hardrive is fine right?

I put the hard drive back in the computer in question but can't boot or get into the bios and it won't boot from the XP CD.

Any ideas? I'm baffled on how to solve this!

Just wanted to say thanks in advance.

Edited by fang, 05 February 2008 - 11:51 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

I took out the harddrive out and put it into another PC that showed me the hardrive had a corrupted verison of XP and a version of 98 that would boot. So hardrive is fine right?

Not necessarily. Drive may be defunct.
Put it in another computer and run Scandisk on it.
In some cases you may have to rip the partitions out of the drive to get the XP CD to boot, though you may well find the drive is shot anyway.