Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows File Protection

• Please log in to reply

TrafficMS

TrafficMS

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I was surfing the web last night on my home computer and I ran across this message:

"Windows File Protection

Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain systems stability, Windows must restore the original versions of these files. Insert your Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD now."

I have a Windows XP Upgrade disc (came with the computer), but it states that the disc is not correct. Am I going to have to re-run the Windows XP Upgrade disc to remove this issue?

I've run Norton Anti-Virus and an anti-spyware program, but they did not find anything amiss.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
Daniel

UPDATE: IE 7.0 is extremely slow. It takes 5 or so minutes to load a page. Once the page is loaded, IE works normally until you open another instance or another tab. Firefox works like a champ, though.

Edited by TrafficMS, 05 February 2008 - 06:30 PM.

Advertisements