Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

need help badly with my XP

• Please log in to reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
wish I could have fixed it...

take care

Advertisements

bobbabooey

bobbabooey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey
I'm dealing with this problem on a regular basis. I was just looking around for an updated driver, thinking this might solve this annoyance.
If shutting the machine down and restarting doesn't work, i end up having to remove the thing from my device manager. On the next boot up, it reinstalls itself and all works fine. But WHAT A PAIN IN THE ***!
It ususally happens when i plug an external amplification device in the sound card. I find that having the volume all the way down (or, better yet, the system off) helps sometimes, though not always.
I hope this helps.
If anyone else has any ideas about an updated driver that is better compatible with XP, please let me know.
LaTeR

mrin

mrin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
thank you. well i tried uninstalling the driver and restarting too.. but nthg works for me.. have contacted dell todday.. but they said they will be calling back soon.. waiting for that.. for me, it all started without me doing anything new or additional.. totally clueless. at least u have a soln for your problem :tazz:, though a painful one..

bobbabooey

bobbabooey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Good Luck! I just read back at the whole chain of messages. Heve you really been through it or what?!
The external card looks nice.

mrin

mrin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi gerryf,

My laptop came back from dell.. When we reported, they said since the diagnostics too failed, it had to be the soundcard. They replaced the motherboard. Now all works fine.. But after this i am keeping my fingers crossed all the time.. :tazz:

thank u so much for your time and help...