Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RECYCLER folders.

• Please log in to reply

madugongmaria

madugongmaria

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i just cleaned my laptop and usb drive yesterday of viruses (namely bacalid and the recycler thingie). so i thought it was clean, since i twice ran avg, panda and spyware doctor one after another, and at the last scan it showed that my laptop was already clean.

or so i thought.

i still have the recycler folders in my hard drives (C and E), but the program info.exe is nowhere to be found. and there are no desktop.ini programs anymore either. but i still can't delete the recycler folders, it keeps saying access denied (the usual message where it says there might be some programs using the folder).

in my registry, there is still an entry with the the Data F:/RECYCLER/INFO.exe (drive F is the name for my usb drive). my usb is already clean, no hidden files or anything, but now i can't open it normally anymore. i have to click the folders icon to be able to explore my usb drive.

i need help... im already pretty confused...

Advertisements