Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Powering down

• Please log in to reply

GamingX

GamingX

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello everyone,
Sorry for jumping from one problem to another. My first problem remains unsolved due to my own laziness, but a new one's cropped up and this one is a hardware problem. My CPU seems to be powering off while I am running it. I still don't understand the problem. The CPU doesn't power off, but it just seems like all the fans everything in the CPU goes down without the power going off. The power light still remains on, One second everything seems running smooth, then all of a sudden, all the motors shut down. I mean the fan noise etc goes off meaning the fans everything stop and the power is virtually off but without the power going off. Is this due to a large power consumption or do I need to add more fans etc in my CPU?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
How big is your power supply and what are your system specifications?

GamingX

GamingX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Version: 5.1.2600 SP 2
Original Install Date: 6/2/2007
System Manufacturer: Kobian
System Model: PVM7 Pro
System Type: X86-based PC
Processor: 3000 MHz x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel
Total Physical Memory: 1023 MB

I have a feeling this might be caused due to overheating. I have only one fan installed apart from the processor fan.

GamingX

GamingX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Sorry about not posting any feedback on this issue too. The problem was that the Power supply unit was not working. Silly of me not to notice it. :) You can close this thread.