Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mike & Sound

• Please log in to reply

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi,
I am having a problem with using my mike on msn. I have Trust Earphones and a mike attached to it. But I also have a mike incorporated in my V-Gear Web Cam. I feel that is where the problem lies, but for the love of me, I just cannot fathom out, how to solve it. I have tried different settings in the Sounds and audio devices program. I do not have any problems with the sound, except when trying to use the mike.
Could anyone offer a bit of good advice, please.

Specs :
WinXP Home
Radian X1950 Pro Graphics
MB 754 socket
Creative Soundblaster Audigy Sound card.
Trust earphones and Mike USB
V-Gear Web Cam and Mike - USB

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you have issues with Mike, perhaps you should talk to Mike about them. *poor Joke alert* :)

Anyway, what exactly is wrong is with your microphone?

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Yes, Sorry about that mistake Neil. I was in such a hurry to get it mentioned I used The name Mike instead of Mic. Well if I play a cd, I can hear music on my earphones and also if I knock the mic on the earphones, I hear that too. But when I try to speak to my Sister on msn using video and mic, the video works but not the mic, and no sound. I do have a seperate web cam , which is V- Gear web cam pro, and it also has a mic built in. Does that bit of info help you. Both are USB connections.