I was here a while back seeking advice for a new build, i never built one before and was very excited. All the parts came yesterday and i took my time putting it together and it is beautiful.
I want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and opinions with those of us who are seeking it.
I have a couple more questions now though.
My system is as follows:
XVGA 780i SLI mobo
4GB dual channel ram
two XFX 8800 GTS video cards in sli
Q6600 2.4Ghz cpu
seagate 500GB hard drive
Vista home premium
I am having some issues, and being a first timer i am unsure how to tackle them:
1) My computer is only recognizing 2.5 Gigs of ram. I know that vista 32 bit will not recognize all 4 gigs, but shouldnt it be recognizing more than 2.5?
2) My hard drive was OEM, it says 500 GB but when i installed it (before i even installed windows) it showed up as 466GB, is that normal?
3) When i boot/reboot it always stops and says "floppy disk failure, press f1 to continue or del for setup" i dont have a floppy drive installed, and when i press f1 it loads windows just fine, is there something i need to do in the BIOS to get it to just load windows without prompting me like this?
4) Lastly, since it is my first build, i am paranoid about the temps inside, i have a tuniq tower installed, and the case is an antec 900, it has 4 case fans and the PS fan. Can someone recommend a program for monitoring case temps (cpu, gpus, etc..)? preferably something that doesnt leave a big footprint on my system.
5) OK one more. Is there a good way to benchmark my sytems performace, so that i can compare it to other similar systems and see if my hardware is performing as it should? I have no idea if i am really getting the performance i should outta my two 8800 GTSs etc...
Ok thanks again for taking the time. I promise ill be outta your hair soon as i get these issues resolved