Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Irritating message keeps appearing at start up

• Please log in to reply

Aryan King

Aryan King

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Question 1.

Each time I start my computer I get the same message:

Can not find http:/look at.it/'make sure the path or Internet address is correct.

I went to Internet Options then Internet Properties,but there are too many checked and unchecked things there that I don't understand to start messing with.

Can anyone giver me an idea of how to turn off the above message please?

Question 2.

After turning on computer I have to type in my password each time before it will start up loading the programs .Is there a way I can just have it start up and start loading the programs without having to enter the password each time?

Advertisements

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
I'm not sure about the first question, but I am suspecting that your PC is infected. Perhaps you can have a look at this.

As for the second question, did you mean you have to enter a password to log in to an account on your computer? If that's the case, you can remove the password by going to Control Panel>User Accounts and select the account you want to remove the password and the click on "Remove my password".

Hope this helps. :)

LT

Edited by Ltangelic, 07 February 2008 - 08:02 AM.

Aryan King

Aryan King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thanks,I tried the first thing before and it got out 10 viruses,probably doing it again won't hurt.
I did the second suggestion and am hoping it will work as you said.