Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore freezing

• Please log in to reply

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I tried to update my Itunes when it says i was out of date, so when it downloads it only does it partially, it installs quicktime (Which i then normaly would get rid of) and nothing else, when i try to run the program now it says their is a problem with the audio configuration, so it has obviously took something away?

So i try to syste restore so i can try this one mroe time but do it from the website, blah blah, but it wont let me, when i click the "next" button it stops... And it dont freeze but it owont go no further either, i have tried disabling my commodo/sybot/AVG to no avail.

What is going on? Please help me :)

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi Alex, welcome to G2G.

Since Itunes is the instigator, uninstall it, reboot then install the latest version from the web site.

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Wooh, it made Itunes work, to be honest, why didn't i think of just doing that? :S

I don't really need to restore the compter now so i don't have a need to see if it is working, although it should be right?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Alex, if everything is working, delete all the existing System Restore Points by disabling then enabling it.

Click on Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore
Click on System Restore Settings on the left
Check Turn off System Restore on all drives then click the Apply button.

When that completes, uncheck Turn off System Restore on all drives and click Apply.

That will delete all existing restore points (must be corrupted) and create a new one.

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Thanks mate, already done that :) Thanks for the help though i appreciate it :)