Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with exe files and highjack this log?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

averageuser

averageuser

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
ia m having troubles with some viruses i think i have i got in between norton subscirption and buy the user unfriendly kaspersky.so i did system restore and got my free 90 days nortons bundled in my pc. ive got avg, spybot,highjackthis, autoruns, and a few others.
I cannot run panda, or mcafee even though ive tried to download and use it form cnet ,geeks, and bleeping comp.
trend micro works but the third time it came up clean.i have wierd processes running having trouble finding thier path and if thier malware or i need them to run pc. i tried to eliminate svchost.exe since thier are 6 of them running under network, admin, and system. my comp had vital error and neede to reboot.
i dont know. i think my best option is to go buy xp and wipe my system clean and do a clean install, but i dont have 150.00 bucks right now ,
besides id like to know whats going on here. it feels like im being watched by something from adult sites or something. id like to know how to prevent it in the futre and see how to use the right scans and virusware combo to run safe on the net. im scared to pay my bills cause i think something is tracking my net moves. idk this is wierd.
what do you need from me ? highjackthis log? autoruns log? want to know what processes i have running?let me know so we can kill this thing

thank yoiu for your time,
averageuser

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Multiple topic