Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Monitor wont start up! help!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
While i was using my computer, my monitor turn all black and turn into "power save Mode". So i tried to reboot my comp... still giving me black screen.My monitor is always connected to the Graphic card.Do you think the graphic card is dead? Because i triy to connect my monnitor to a regular DVI slot.(not the graphic card). it seem that my monitor start up but..during the start up, it tell me that you have to connect to the Add in graphic card inorder to procees the start up(not at the desktop yet)..So.. Is the graphic card im using doesnt work anymore? or how can i solve this problem.. Btw , Can i start up my computer without the graphic card?(by taking the graphic card out of my pc).

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
From your discription I assume you have a video card and onboard video, if this is the case and the onboard video works at least enough that you can see the boot screen then yes the video card could have failed.

Remove the video card and connect to the onboard, then start the computer and repeatedly tap the F8 key to get into safe mode. If you enter safe mode successfully then you will either have to remove the old cards drivers and install the onboard drivers or get a new card