Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

something not right with my lap top

• Please log in to reply

ken65

ken65

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi my laptop doesn't seem the same since it was fixed from a trojan. Anyways i notice it runs slow and when i get a link and click on it internet explore doesn't work. Before it would work when I would get an email with a link i would click on the link and internet explore would open a new window. Now I click on the links and a new window opens but its blank.
Theres times when I open interenet explore I get an error internet explore encounter a problem and will now close do you want to report this to microsoft .... this happends quite often. Aslo openening program its slow . My anti virus is kaspersky.
Can anyone help bring the speed back to my laptop make it run th way it use too. :)
Thanks

Advertisements

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
It's possible that you still have infections on your computer, did you try running an anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-rootkit scan? If you haven't, I would suggest that you do it.

Perhaps you can take a look at this. :)

LT

ken65

ken65

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi we did all that last week when I was here and I was clear to go. maybe i should go back to where i add a hjt log and see if anyone there could help me

Edited by ken65, 07 February 2008 - 10:36 AM.

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I recommend the following Anti-Spyware/Anti-Virus software on all computers - generally based on their condition -

Spybot Search and Destroy

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition

Windows Defender

And

AVG Anti-Spyware

They are all accessible from Download.com. They may as well help to protect against future problems of such and possibly help remove something on this current problem.

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Ken,

Did you follow the advice of the malware expert (after he said your log is clean) and went on to download some essential softwares to protect your computer? Yes, I would suggest that you repost a HijackThis log and detail your problem.

Will also gave you some great softwares to download, if you haven't got any of the above, I would suggest downloading one or two. Remember though that you should only have ONE anti-virus software on your computer.

LT