Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no disc in the drive

• Please log in to reply

chunky54

chunky54

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have just finished burning photographs onto a dvd no problems,i am trying to burn music onto a cd-r and i am been told there is no disc in the drive, when i no there is,i had no trouble ripping the music from the original disc,i have checked the device in device manager,i am told the devices are running correctly, i have tryed system restore still hve same problem,please help, my laptop is an acer 1640.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi chunky54, welcome.

Try a different brand. I'm having a lot of problems with some Memorex CDRs I bought at Staples. They work in one DVD-RW but not in two CD-RWs on two different computers. I get the same "No disc" message.

I replaced one CD-RW 3 times before I found one that would work with them! What a pain.

chunky54

chunky54

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
dear Ztrucker thanks for taking the time to reply to my posting i have been using the current discs for quite a while now and i have never had any trouble with them before,any more ideas, thanks agan for taking the trouble to reply.
all the best CHUNKY.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The CD drive itself may be going bad or it could be dirty (the laser lens).