Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox bums out after a while

• Please log in to reply

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
I've been running Mozilla Firefox 2 ever since it was released and lately I've been having some issues with it. It will work fine initially, but later I'll keep getting the messages that it failed to open the page because the server didn't respond and then i can't browse at all (not even gmail notifier works, although windows live messanger will). When I restart my PC (and sometimes when i just run Registry Mechanic) this is fixed and it works again for a little while. I haven't changed anything or installed anything new on the pc lately so there haven't been siginicant changes to the machine.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello BlackHalo,

Sorry for the late response. Does the same thing happen if you create a new profile in Firefox? What about if you completely uninstall and then reinstall it?

Regards,

Ax

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
You could also try clearing the cache.

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Thanks, I've sorted the problem in the meantime though. Just downloaded and used Open DNS and it sorted the problem right out.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) Thanks for letting us know.