Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't load Office 2007

• Please log in to reply

marys

marys

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have office 2007 on disk (genuine with product code) but it won't load onto Vista Basic. Error message reads "Can't find excel.enus.exe, please choose location". have tried every file location with no luck. Can anyone help please?

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Try copying the contents of the Office disk onto your local disk and run the setup from your computer.

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hey,

I had the same problem. I called Microsoft (In Australia) and the tech got me to get a lint free towl and spray some soap free water of the disc. Then with the towl wipe away the mist. From the centre of the disc going outwards to the edge.

Souds like a joke, but worked for me. Also happened when i tried to upgrade from XP to Vista home premium.

The tech said that it has something to do when the press the discs.......apartently they press in bulk blah blah blah....

If this doesnt work, give the helpdesk a call.

Peter.