Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to stop downloads

• Please log in to reply

thejayster21

thejayster21

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Our daughter and her friends also use our computer. It's in the family room. They download and install games, im programs and other programs. How can we stop these things from being downloaded/installed?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
"our computer"? So does she have one of her own? If so, why is she using yours?

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
There are numerous programs out there in the internet that can do such. As well you can set up to block a site in which all of the software is being downloaded.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I've have seen Net Nanny recommended many times. I have no personal experience with it though.

http://www.netnanny.com/

Edited by Ztruker, 07 February 2008 - 10:10 PM.

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I searched on google becuase i thikn i saw some registry keys for something like this before, and well basicaly, what operating system is this? XP Pro? Home, Vista?

Second, make another acount and make it a limited acount this will help because it blocks certain elements from being changed, ill look into finding out how to stop the downloading part, but first tell me what operating system you have, also if it is possible make your daughter a limted acount and password protect yours.