Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

EVGA 7600GS help

• Please log in to reply

aznmagic2015

aznmagic2015

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just upgraded from a fx5200 to a 7600gs. The 7600 is a big buggy when I play games. Normal graphics is normal such as on desktop or media etc. But whenever I play games stuff like this happens like in the screen shot. The card is not overclocked, I uninstalled the previous drivers and downloaded and installed the new ones. Reseated the card in the AGP slot and unplugged and replugged in the 4 pin molex power on the card.

I ran ATI tools and I scanned for artifacts and none were found at default clock. I found that really weird since the graphics on games were screwing up. One thing I did notice was that on the show 3d view tab on atitools the sample graphic was screwed up. Missing pieces and lines all over the place. Another wierd thing was that Everest home edition does not give any info in the GPU and AGP/PCI tabs. It only gives info under the Windows Video and Computer summary tabs. However GPU-Z and all other OCing programs detects the card fine.

I did run Counter-strike right when I got the card and it worked fine...albeit it ran 10 fps less than my FX5200. All this happened 2 days later.

Should I RMA it or maybe try updating my AGP drivers(A long shot...)?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
What kind of power supply are you running?

aznmagic2015

aznmagic2015

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
PC power and cooling 470W with 26amps on the +12 rail